I discovered yoga in 2003 as an alternative to knee surgery recommended to fix years of wear and tear. After 60 consecutive days of yoga that resulted in healthy knees, a revived spirit and mental clarity, I was convinced that yoga would be a key part of my life.
In April 2008 I took the leap and resigned from my corporate job as a systems analyst to devote my attention to teaching yoga and the study of Respiratory Therapy. As a Certified Forrest Yoga instructor I am thrilled to be teaching my students about the joy, well being and fulfillment of a regular yoga practice. As a licensed Respiratory Therapist, I have deepened my knowledge of breath and bring the benefits of yoga to students with lung conditions such as asthma, emphysema and cystic fibrosis. My group and private classes focus on the healing power of breath while engaging in a rigorous series of asanas that will challenge you to go deeper, building your strength, integrity and spirit. I have a strong belief in the mind body connection and how breath is the gateway to that connection and being present. Most recently I have been studying the science of sleep and insomnia, identifying how your yoga practice can be a significant benefit to a better night of sleep.
TRAINING l CERTIFICATES
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Certification, May 2012
- Forrest Yoga Certification (430 hours), completed February 2010
- Weekend Intensive with Baron Baptiste, October 2009
- Continuing Education for Teachers with Ana Forrest (30 hours), September 2009
- Weekend Intensive with Rolf Gates, February 2009
- Moksha Teacher Training with Steve Emmerman, October 2008
- Forrest Yoga Mentorship program with Heidi Somaz, October 2008 – October 2009
- Assists Mentorship with Talya Ring, October 2008 -December 2008
- Foundation Teacher Training with Ana Forrest (200 hours), April 2008