My journey with yoga started over fifteen years ago as a curiosity; I have always enjoyed trying new fitness/dance classes and I thought yoga might be interesting. With a background in various styles of ballroom and Latin dancing I saw yoga as a way to connect the movement arts I enjoyed with a form of exercise that might help with injury prevention. I wasn’t prepared however for the total life transformation yoga would offer me: calmness of mind, a strengthened sense of inner self-awareness, and a connection to my breath that continues to support me through life’s challenges.
My teaching style focuses on the integration of breath and movement as well as strong engagement of the core body to support that movement. I encourage reflection in my classes and openness to exploring movement as a form of self-awareness. I have an energetic and collaborative spirit and welcome the opportunity to teach students who are new to yoga, those who may have specific needs, as well as the dedicated practitioner discover their unique yogic pathway. I obtained my 200 RYT certification through the Inner Fire Yoga Teacher Training Program with a focus in the power flow style and have been a student of Inner Fire Yoga since its inception.
TRAINING l CERTIFICATES
- Ayurveda Immersion Weekend at Inner Fire Yoga, 2016
- Breath, Body & Mind at Inner Fire Yoga, 2015
- The Gift of Assisting at Inner Fire Yoga, 2015
- Ignite Children’s Minds Through Yoga at Prairie Fire Yoga, 2015
- 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Certification (200 RYT) at Inner Fire Yoga, 2015
- Art of Assisting at Inner Fire Yoga, 2014
- Introduction to the Dynamics of Dance Therapy at University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2006
- Introduction to Dance/Movement Therapy at University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005