Yoga inspires me, fascinates me, humbles me, and shows me the possibilities of living fully in mind, body and soul.
As a lifelong runner, a motivation to try something new brought me to a hot yoga class in 2012. I loved the meditative quality of the class, the challenging poses in a heated room, and the silence— except for the sound of sweat dripping from my elbow in tree pose. That class showed me the possibilities of yoga—how it can shift you away from who you think you are and move you toward who you really are meant to be.
I received my yoga teacher certification through Inner Fire Yoga in May 2015 with an emphasis in hot (26/2), power and yin. As people unfurl their mats in my class, I realize that they are all looking for something different—to de-stress, to build strength, to be part of a community, or just do some stretching to a really awesome playlist—whatever it is, I honor and respect those needs and guide students to fulfill their purpose.
I am grateful for the yogis who have taught me, the yogis I teach, and the yogis I connect with on the mat beside me.
TRAINING | CERTIFICATIONS
• Inner Fire Yoga Madison, Wisconsin 200-hour certification May 2015
• Yin Training 50 hours with Bernie Clark Vancouver, BC, Canada, Nov 2017
• Ghosh Yoga Teacher Training with Ida Jo and Scott Lamps, Tucson, Arizona, Feb 4-11 2018
• Yoga Alliance 200-RYT and American Red Cross CPR certified
• Journalist with published articles on yoga and other health topics
• Volunteer yoga instructor with Dane County Jail Yoga program