I have been practicing yoga for around fifteen years and teaching for ten. What started as a way to “work out” became a way to live. Many, many teachers and factors have influenced my practice and teaching, but none more than my (almost) daily home practice. I learn something new on my mat every day, whether it is a different approach to side angle pose or that four-year-olds have little patience for yin yoga. I have learned to let the poses and my body teach me and guide my practice intuitively, and this, more than anything, is what I hope to share with my students. The practice has so many layers to uncover, so many nuances to discover, when we allow ourselves to listen and open up to it. What these are might be different for everybody and different day by day. I try to provide my students with the time and space to discover for themselves what yoga has to offer them and to experience the joy that the practice can bring. In order to facilitate this, I tend to teach a low-key but intense class, generally organized around a physical or philosophical theme, encouraging my students to look deeper into the practice and themselves.
TRAINING l CERTIFICATES
- Workshops with Dice Iida-Klein and Briohny Smyth, 2015
- Workshops and trainings with John Friend and Desi Springer, 2014
- Workshops and trainings with Sadie Nardini, 2013 and 2014
- Weekend Intensive with Rolf Gates, 2009
- Midwest Yoga Conference, 2008
- Ganga White and Tracy Rich (40 hours), 2008
- Shiva Rea (150 hours), 2006 and 2007
- Yoga Journal Conference Boston, 2006
- Yoga Journal Conference Lake Geneva, 2005
- 200-hour Teacher Training Certification, Frog Lotus Yoga , 2005"