It’s all about balance. Maybe, with yoga, I’ll find it. As a seasoned fitness professional, I sought yoga looking for new routes to strength, power, flexibility, and let’s be honest, employment. While I’m not proud of teaching my first class after watching a yoga VHS, can we acknowledge that we all begin somewhere? For me, the benefits of practice quickly surpassed my every notion. Yoga helped me temper my emotions, add grace and fluidity to my movement, and open my mind and heart to new ways of thinking, believing and living. I learned mindfulness, intuition, and awareness. More than anything, I learned that yoga lives in our day to day experiences-our responses, actions, and intentions.
I completed my bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology, and my 200-hour yoga teacher training program through Feel Your Best Yoga, a style which integrates 3 different styles of yoga: Viniyoga, Iyengar, and Ashtanga yoga. My purpose is to connect you with the method that will help you discover your physical, mental and spiritual potential. From beginner to athlete, I humbly empower folks on the journey of yogic living. I did 300 hours worth of soul searching, singing, and heart-sobbing with Rusty Wells, earning my 500-hour RYT designation. I’ve taught a bunch, so there’s an “E “ before all of that stuff. “E" for Experienced, Energetic, and Empathetic (but E for emotional, EEErrational, and Ensecure. Those work, too). Each class is filled with challenge, guided options, exuberant energy, and heartfelt joy.Each class is also founded in the authentic struggle and triumph that is the human experience.
I firmly believe all people can benefit from a regular yoga practice, and approach each class with the keen responsibility of giving every individual the opportunity to discover their personal best. I bring experience as a yoga teacher trainer, group exercise instructor, personal trainer, and master presenter for multiple national health and fitness organizations to students at Inner Fire, and across the country. While you might not see it my Power flow, my expertise is in older adults and those seeking pose adaptions to find their comfort. If you have a concern, let me know. I’d be happy to give you a tip or steer you in the direction of someone who can help (and if I’m not sure, don’t worry, I’ll tell you that I don’t know). I have been featured in print in Yoga Journal and Brava Magazine, and had regular local news appearances as a fitness personality on WKOW and Channel 15. I am the queen of video, theater, and guttural bouts of simultaneous laughing and crying.
Come hang. Be you. Do the thing.
TRAINING l CERTIFICATES
- BS in Exercise Physiology, University of Wisconsin 2005
- MPH, UMASS 2014
- YogaFit Level 1 1999
- Yogafit Level 2 2000
- Certified Yoga Teacher Feel Your Best Teacher Training School, 2005
- 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance since 2005
- E-RYT (Experiences Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance since 2009
- American Council on Exercise: Certified Group Exercise Instructor 2004
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America: Certified Group Exercise Instructor 2003
- Aquatic Exercise Association: Certified Water Exercise Instructor 2007
- YMCA: Faculty Group Exercise Instructor Trainer 2000
- YMCA: Faculty Strength and Conditioning Instructor Trainer 2006
- YMCA: Faculty Pilates Instructor Trainer, 2008
- Certified Mat Pilates Teacher Feel Your Best Teacher Training School, 2006
- National Presenter SilverSneakers Fitness Program, 2004
- Certified Turbokick Instructor, 2007
- Certified Body Bump Instructor, 2012
- Bhakti Yoga 100-Intensive with Rusty Wells, 2014
- E-RYT 500, 2015