I am forever in awe of the power of yoga. I believe that yoga teaches us the very important (and rare) act of being, rather than doing. Nothing makes me happier than practicing – and teaching – yoga. I am always inspired by my fellow yogis, and I am so incredibly amazed at the transformative yoga practices that I get to be a part of with my students. It is, to put it simply, a joy and an honor to be teaching, especially at a studio as special as Inner Fire Yoga.
I adore teaching any and every style of yoga and am always striving to learn something new. I absolutely love teaching power flow yoga, the style that made me fall in love with the practice many years ago. However, I hold a soft spot in my heart for teaching the “slower stuff” – slow flows, meditation, yoga Nidra, and of course, yin. I believe in the power of positivity, and I strive to deliver a happy yoga practice that is balanced with powerful and restorative asana.
Outside of the studio I am a high school English teacher. I love teaching my students the values that we draw from a yoga practice – we even meditate in class! When I’m not practicing yoga, I love biking around Madison, paddle boarding, trying new restaurants, supporting the Badgers, reading, traveling, and most of all, being.
My last name is pronounced “her-kiss” (it rhymes with circus) -- feel free to ask about the origin!
TRAINING | CERTIFICATES
- Yin Yoga Weekend Intensive with Theresa Murphy, Inner Fire Yoga, 2014
- Inclusivity in the Yoga Studio with Kelly Fox, Bliss Flow Yoga, 2014
- David Keil Yoganatomy Adjustment Workshop, Yoga One Cedarburg, 2014
- Full-Bodied Yoga Workshop with Cheryl Breuer, Bliss Flow Yoga, 2014
- Sridaiva & the Roots with Desi Springer and John Friend, Inner Fire Yoga, 2014
- Sculpt Yoga Training with Julie Logue, Inner Fire Yoga, 2013
- Inner Fire Yoga Teacher Training, 200-hour, Summer 2013
- Art of Assisting, Inner Fire Yoga, 2012